Sciacca Mystery the End pt.II

 

A university professor friend of mine came to my aid by telling me that in the U.S., there was a certain Professor Robert Bodnar at Virginia Tech University, a geochemist, and that he was conducting some very interesting experiments using highly advanced instruments. An American! Talk about coral to an American! Lord help us!
I send him an email, introducing myself and explaining what I was looking for. He told me to send him some samples, but that he couldn’t promise anything.
Right away! The samples immediately left by super fast courier and from that moment on, for a month, I heard nothing. I didn’t have the courage to write or call, to disturb him, or perhaps because I didn’t want to hear that he had no time to waste on such nonsense.
Instead, after approximately two months of anguish, one fine day I received an email... Bodnar has answered, and what an answer!!! He had worked and how! I include the complete report of the analyses that professor Bodnar carried out: they are extremely interesting.
For our purposes, at this time, I believe what Bodnar writes in his e-mail will be sufficient:
“The analyses carried out using the ICPMS System (Laser Ablation Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry) show very interesting results.
“The corals of Sciacca, compared to other corals, are greatly enriched by iron, manganese, copper and uranium. These are elements associated with underwater volcanic and hydrothermal activity, thus your theory that the coral of Sciacca is in some way connected to volcanic activity appears to be confirmed.”
This was the second piece of our puzzle: the chemical composition of the Sciacca coral had modified... thus its special characteristics: color, sound, hardness.
Margherita Superchi, to whom I immediately sent the results of Bodnar’s research, was enthusiastic and fascinated. And she proposed “what do you say we do some radiocarbon dating tests?”

To Be Continued...
[text taken with license from the author Giuseppe Rajola from the book Sciacca Mystery]

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures by GUE and Lundgren Brothers. Powered by Blogger.